Thursday, October 16, 2008

Afternoon Rush

Ok so I have come to the conclusion that people in the corporate world have no work ethics anymore, but they want to be paid more money? what is wrong with the world these days? Everyone seems to want money for doing nothing or trys to pass the buck off to someone else. It is frustrating to ask someone to do something and then when you go back to follow up with them its NOT done. I don't understand what is going on anymore.

For Example, I work in the Transporation industry, we move freight for large customers across the nation. One load we had going from Michigan to Georgia and the driver delivered the load, but then I ask the rep in the Michigan office to call the carrier and get the paperwork from them to confirm it delivered. We also use the paperwork to verify the arrival times and the departure times from each location which is the customer is questioning. So It takes the the rep 2 days to get in touch with them and then come to find out he emails me and says, the times aren't marked on the Paperwork, do i still need them? Well if the times aren't marked on there, then why do I need it, how hard is it to just confirm the times with the driver? It doesn't take 2 days to figure this out. So i finally pick up the phone and call the carrier and get them on the first try and it takes all of 2 minutes to confirm the times....I swear people are just lazy sometimes.....

1 comment:

brooke said...

Work rants. My absolute FAVORITE, and I am not being sarcastic. I have also come to the conclusion that not only are people lazy, but they can sometimes be very dumb.